What is Severodonetsk Runday?
A weekly 5km Runday race with a time lag.
Check the Facebook page.
Starting point on Google Maps.
From April to October: Every Saturday at 9 am. But at 8:30 am we start our collective warm-up, so come earlier 🙂
From November to March: Every Saturday at 10 am. Warm-up at 9:30 am.
We are waiting for everyone who wants and loves to run. We will be happy if you join us with the whole family. Your pets can also run the track. We don’t have age limits. Сhoosing tracks, we strive to find those that are suitable for participants in wheelchairs. We welcome all without an exception and will wait until the last participant finishes its track.
Starting point on Google Maps.
The participants meet at the central entrance to the «Park of Culture and Rest» on Smetanina Street. The start and finish is near Colonnade.
- Join our Severodonetsk Runday facebook group for race alerts and info.
- If you are running for the first time please be sure to sign up on the Runday website and read the description of the route .
- Print and don’t forget your QR code!
- After the race get your time on the results page.
- New and amateur runners are always welcome. We will support you and help you enjoy r
- Runday exists thanks to volunteers who love running and have the inspiration to popularize it. Check out our volunteering page if you also want to join us.
The whole track is on asphalt/paved tracks, except a small section which is gravel. The course is fairly flat and we start and finish in the same place.
We start from the colonnade (archway) at the main entrance to the Park of Culture and Rest, and we run along the alley along the fence of the military hospital until the first turn. Turn right on the pavement and follow the central alley of the park.
On the central avenue of the park, we run to the cafe «Pristan» on the shore of the lake «Parkovaya». Turn left and run around the lake clockwise. After that we run straight through the intersection in the direction of the Khimik stadium. From there, past the entrance to the stadium, we run back to the start. The length of one circle is 2.1 km. This circle in the diagram is indicated by blue arrows. It is necessary to make 2 such circles plus one final (smaller) circle.
The third (smaller) circle is the final one. In the diagram it is indicated by red arrows.
On this third lap, you need to reach the cafe «Pristan», turn around at the concrete domes, which are on the asphalt, and run along the central avenue in the opposite direction. Without reaching the fence of the military hospital, we turn left and run along the finish hundred meters.
Total distance 5 km.
Safety on the road:
We try to make our races as safe as possible but when running, please, pay attention to other road users, cars and the usual hazards you can find on Ukrainian roads/paths. And some more:
- Be assured that you are ready to run 5 km and feel good on the day of the race.
- Warm up at the beginning and cool down after the running
- If you see the runner got sick or felt bad, please, stop and help him, or do everything to get him professional help as soon as possible.
- You can run with your pet. The only rule is to keep it on a leash and control your pet behavior throughout the entire distance.
- The organization is not liable for any injuries or other unpleasant situations that could happen to you during the race. Stay safe and sound!
- A first Aid kit is available at all races.
A rope/line is provided for bags and jackets, so you don’t need to worry about storage, however as this is a public event we cannot guarantee the safety of your items so please use common sense and don’t leave any expensive or valuable items.