A weekly 5km runday race on Trukhaniv Island in Kyiv.
April – October: Every Saturday at 9:00. But at 8:30 we start our collective warm-up, so come earlier 🙂
November – March: Every Saturday at 10:00. Warm-up at 9:30.
The race starts at the beginning of Trukhanivska Street, just over the footbridge onto Truhkaniv Island (see map on the next tab) and follows the main road for 2,5km before looping back to the start.
- Join our Facebook group for race alerts and info
- Do not forget your QR code! You will find this on your profile page after registration.
- If you are running for the first time please be sure to sign up on the runday website and read the description of the route .
- After the race get your time on the results page.
- New and amateur runners are always welcome. We will support you and help you enjoy runday.
The length of the route – 5000 m (5km). The entire route runs on asphalt, but can also be run on the roadside soil . The relief is flat, with no climb. The start and finish are in the same place.
Please keep in mind that runday Truhkaniv race is held on public paths used by other park visitors. Please respect their space. This will not affect your result, or stop you from achieving a ‘personal best’ but it will help to give a good impression of our races.
Safety on the road:
We try to make our races as safe as possible but when running please pay attention to other road users, cars and the usual hazards you can find on Ukrainian roads/paths. A first Aid kit is available at all races.
A rope/line is provided for bags and jackets, so you don’t need to worry about storage, however as this is a public event we cannot guarantee the safety of your items so please use common sense and don’t leave any expensive or valuable items.
Parking: PLEASE NOTE From the 1st October 2016 cars are not allowed onto Trukhaniv Island without a permit. The old system (paying 75 UAH) is no longer working, so if you drive, please park on the other side of the footbridge on Naberezhna-Khreshatitska.